Sunday, October 26, 2008

Problem solved!

In Mexico and most Latin American countries, people are fairly concerned about getting cold because you might get sick. They feel especially strong about this with kids; therefore, their babies and kids are dressed from head to toe many times including tights, hats, gloves, coats, and always, always, shoes. Well, we don't fit that mold very well. Often times the girls are without jackets (because they're not cold) and at home shoes are optional. I'm especially not a big fan of shoes for babies, because they fall off and I have to keep track of them and I don't really see the practical need for them. Well, this weekend, I found the perfect solution to this problem -- tights that look like shoes!!!! They are so, so cute and it looks like Isabella is wearing shoes (so no one is concerned about her health) and I don't have to keep track of shoes that fall off. I love it! They have socks like these, but I couldn't find any. So, if you know where I can find them, let me know!









We ate lunch at Chili's (not unusual for us), and on Sunday's they have a lady that does face painting. Sofia always gets her face painted, except today because she is sick and up to much of anything. Olivia always wants to get her face painted, but at the moment of actually letting the lady do it, she backs down. Today, however, she let the lady do it and she looked so cute. You can see the end result here.






2 comments:

LST team to Morelia, MX 2010 said...

Thanks for posting 3 times today Ann! What a treat for us! Olivia does look so precious with her face painted! So glad you had a good time in San Antonio (even tho the airplane bathroom was too small! We miss you all and send our love!!

Marilyn and Ron

MexSonShine said...

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was fun looking at yours, too. Yes, we are planning to go to the retreat. We are excited to meet other family who share a love for this country in which we live. Looking forward to meeting you and your family. We would love to visit you in Morelia. We stopped by there on our way to Playa back in the first days of Oct. ? Holland was getting ready to leave. (I'm sorry, her first name just won't come to me.) Prayers that your work continues to be blessed by our Master!!! Looking forward to meeting you...finally!!!
Alicia