Monday, October 13, 2008

The joys of motherhood...

Have you ever had that moment when you are holding your baby and you are just brought to tears at the amazement of this little life? I have had that moment. I know, I could blame it on hormones, sleep deprivation or something in my eye, but it wasn't any of that. It was simply being in awe at Isabella and her life. She's so beautiful and has such a beautiful smile and she smells so sweet (most of the time, anyway). I was brought to tears. It's a sweet moment in time.
Probably in the very same day, I had moments of being brought to tears for other reasons...like being in the middle of cleaning up one mess, when another is created and at that very same moment Olivia has decided that potty training isn't all it's cracked up to be, so what the heck, the floor is just a good a place! I find myself breathing deeply often, and occasionally growling. I only figured out about the growling until I heard Olivia growling at something and wondered where she picked that up.
It is a fun ride, but I am ohhh so grateful for the people around us that help in amazing ways, especially on Sundays. There have been a couple of Sundays when I have literally been holding Olivia down with my legs while juggling Isabella and the other two on the sides. It's quite a site, I'm sure.

Enjoy the pictures!




Isabella looking lovely (courtesy of Marilyn Holland)




Victoria taking good care of her sister, and Olivia with her "I'm scared" face




Sofia showing off her violin. She is taking violin classes and enjoying it quite a bit.

2 comments:

TriSara said...

Yes, I too have sat and cried at the thought of my little miracles. It really is amazing what God gives us, isn't it? And it is nice to have those things to think about when things get really crazy. Not that I can relate to having FOUR miracles to cry about...hee hee. Love the pics!

Carolyn said...

Oh yes...the emotional ups and downs ones children can cause. Perhaps the real miracle is the speed at which you can switch from awe and amazement at their sweetness to the sudden lurch of utter insanity and frustration! I don't think it is possible to explain - just one of those things you've gotta experience firsthand!

On the same journey with you!

Love ya, Carolyn